Sativa Cardoon "Epineux argente de P.-Palais"
For an extraordinary salad
(Price shown includes 13% VAT. - Excludes delivery costs)
Features & Advantages
- Organic seeds
- Decorative flowers from the second year on
- Winters in protected locations or under a cover
Item no.: SAT-ca10, Content: 1 Package, EAN: 7640126483702
This thistle-like plant is related to the artichoke and is mainly used in salads. It is also known as the artichoke thistle. The large plants are removed in autumn and blanched in the dark. The blanched leaf stalks taste wonderful.
- 2.5 grams
- Type: prickly
- Heat requirement: high
- Nutritional requirement: medium
- Botanical name: Cynara cardunculus
- Recommended break between planting: 3-4 years
- This variety was recognized by ProSpecieRara as a rare or old variety. ProSpecieRara is a foundation that works to preserve the diversity of rare plant varieties. In long-term cooperation with ProSpecieRara, Sativa is active in the important maintenance and care of these traditional varieties.
|Sowing Schedule:||March, April, May|
|Planting Distance:||100 x 60 cm|
|Where to plant:||Outdoors|
|Content sufficient for approx::||40-50 Plants|
|Planting Depth:||5 cm|