Sustainable Development at niceshops
Be nice! The philosophy that fundamentally drives and determines our corporate policy. Sustainability plays an essential role which includes how we treat one another as well as viewing environmental and climate protection as part of our corporate responsibility. The cornerstone of our corporate culture is creating a working environment that is characterised by respecting our co-workers and persuing environmental protection with utmost dedication.
Our 3 Pillars for Climate Neutrality
Our climate footprint was calculated by Joanneum Research. We do our best to avoid CO2 emissions wherever possible and reduce these figures where prevention is not possible. The CO2 emissions that are produced are compensated through eco-social, UNO-certified products operated by Regreen.
In order to achieve our climate neutrality goals we have developed a sustainability strategy based on our 3 pillars:
The best CO2 emissions are the ones that are not produced at all, therefore, we strive to reduce our carbon footprint. With our newly constructed, high energy efficiency production facility and warehouse as well as the use of green electricity sourced from our photovoltaic system we are well on track. The partners that we choose to cooperate with are selected based on their sustainability and eco-friendly production practices.
- Sustainable construction with high energy efficiency and the use of renewable materials such as wood
- Electrical devices with the highest energy efficiency
- Yearly public transports tickets for members of staff
- Between 60 to 100% of the heating and cooling for our sites are covered by a biogas
- Plastic-free, environmentally friendly shipping materials with artificial glue-free adhesion
- Conscientious recycling of waste and recyclables
- Local and largely organic produced used to prepare the food for the staff
Renewable Energy in India
- Clean, alternate energy is generated.
Clean Drinking Water in Bangladesh
- For every compensated ton of CO2 5 people are being provided with clean drinking water in Bangladesh.
Forest Protection & Reforestation in Peru
- Planting new trees, the protection of more than 500 000 hectares of forest, job creation and the protection of endangered species.